UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor liquan456885
Visitor

K7 GTX CDR setting

we want to used the recommended CDR setting which advised by UG476 , however, based on the REFCLK PPM parameter, I do not know which I could choose. Could anybody told me how can I get the REFCLK PPM parameter? by the way, I used a 150MHz with 50PPM OSC for the external GTX reference clock source.Thanks.

2013-11-21_151138.png
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: K7 GTX CDR setting

REFCLK PPM value is given in the datasheet of the oscillator that you use to supply the GTRELCLKs.

Since, the PPM spec of your oscillator is +/- 50 PPM, you can use the CDR setting given for +/- 200 PPM.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Visitor liquan456885
Visitor

thanks for you kind help,Krishna. Is there any detail introduction for the 72 bit RXCDR_CFG? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, we don't have the bit description of RXCDR_CFG. User is intended to use values provided in the user guide.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Observer prakashdrj
Observer

@smarell,

I am using custom protocol which has 0 to 5000 ppm downspreaded and +/-300 ppm of clock, How can I set RXCDR_CFG?

Regards,

Prakash

0 Kudos

If you check the kintex-7 data sheet - DS182, table 62. 5000ppm of down spread with 33khz modulation frequency is supported. If the SSC is outside this spec, the CDR is not characterized for this use case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Observer prakashdrj
Observer

@venkata,

Agreed, it shown there. But if you can see UG476 not listed parameters for SSC having profile -5000 ppm? Isn't it?

How can we configure RXCDR_CFG for that?

Regards,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Please check AR#53364
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53364.html
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos