Did you mean: 
agordon
Visitor
Visitor

LWIP UDP Echo and Client/Server

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Regarding Client/Server:

How can I run both the LWIP UDP Client and Server applications from Vitis and see their respective captures in Wireshark in relation to one another? I have two Zynq boards, and am using one as the server alongside the PC as the client. I would like to see the data passed from client to server in a Wireshark capture. How can I do this? 

Regarding LWIP UDP Echo Server:

Is it possible to see both an echo request and response from the LWIP UDP Echo Server in a Wireshark capture? Or, by the connectionless nature of UDP, should I only expect to see the echo request sent out, without an echo response returned? If so, how can I verify that the server has successfully echoed my UDP packet?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @agordon ,

Yes, you can see the captures between Server and Client by their respective IP addresses.

Wireshark CaptureWireshark Capture

For example, if your Client is sending request to Server, you will see Client IP address in SOURCE and Server IP address in DESTINATION.

Is it possible to see both an echo request and response from the LWIP UDP Echo Server in a Wireshark capture? Or, by the connectionless nature of UDP, should I only expect to see the echo request sent out, without an echo response returned? If so, how can I verify that the server has successfully echoed my UDP packet?

In my view, I recommend you to use Packet Sender tool. You will be able to see sent and received responses and data during Echo.

Packet SenderPacket Sender

Thanks and Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com
:::::Do not forget to Accept as solution, give Kudo and Share a post that you think is helpful:::::

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @agordon ,

Yes, you can see the captures between Server and Client by their respective IP addresses.

Wireshark CaptureWireshark Capture

For example, if your Client is sending request to Server, you will see Client IP address in SOURCE and Server IP address in DESTINATION.

In my view, I recommend you to use Packet Sender tool. You will be able to see sent and received responses and data during Echo.

Packet SenderPacket Sender

Thanks and Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com
:::::Do not forget to Accept as solution, give Kudo and Share a post that you think is helpful:::::

View solution in original post