Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dat
Visitor
Visitor

SFP+ GTX Transceivers

Hello everyone,

Currently, I am researching the SFP module on ARTIX 7 board but the problem is as follows: I used the GIG_Ethernet PCS / PMA core in the IP Catalog to SGMII mode to loopback 1 SFP module but be not successful. I configured MDC-MDIO for PCS/PMA core and sent some frames but gmii_rxd_test wasn't had the digital signal. Can you help me?

I attachment PCS/PMA core and Debug image for reference.

Hope you support!
Thanks!!!

Tags (2)
Debug_loop_back_SFP.PNG
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nanz

Hi @Dat ,

How did you setup the loopback? Have you tried near-end PCS loopback and see if that works first? How about TX direction? Do you see any txd data? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Dat
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz,

Thank you for responding to my problem. I used TX-RX in an SFP module, configure register 1 such as for example design core to set up the loopback. Also, I used Debug core to monitor. Above is my debug core picture. You can see, I sent continuously packets but not receive anything. Can you help me? 

0 Kudos
Dat
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz,

Can I contact directly to you by Facebook, skype or Instagram,...? tranthanhdat1506@gmail.com is my email. Because I have many problems and I want to solve them faster. Then I will share the answer here! Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @Dat ,

Please try to put the core in internal loopback and see if this works first. You can refer to PG047 for details on how to do it. 

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos
Dat
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz,

Thank you for responding to my problem. I have put the core in an internal loopback and always refer to PG047 when I used to core. No problem when I simulate but not having the RXD signal when I wrote the FPGA board. Can you help me? 

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @Dat ,

Are you saying the external SFP loopback does not work on HW? Have you used this SFP module in loopback mode successfully in the past? How about connecting to a link partner, such as a PC etc? Does this work? 

0 Kudos
Dat
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz,

Thank you for responding to my problem. About the external SFP loopback, I have simulated successfully but not having the RXD signal when I wrote the FPGA board. Besides, I have done successfully on the KCU040 board with loopback one SFP module and transceiver data on PC with two SFP modules. Can you help me?

0 Kudos