UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor asafbit
Visitor

SGMII to RGMII PHY conversion - configure 88E1512 in linux (petalinux) multi-phy

zynq will have mdio bus to configure 3 PHY modules, 1 ethernet switch and 1 PCIe switch.

2 PHY - 88E1512 probably wont need any configuration change - will work exactly as on EVB.

1 PHY - 88E1512 will have to be configured as RGMII to SGMII protocol converter.

and i need to have the ability to configure both swithces via MDIO bus.

can please someone direct me to any documentation on how to work with mdio-bus module?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

Re: SGMII to RGMII PHY conversion - configure 88E1512 in linux (petalinux) multi-phy

you can do this in devicetree.

0 Kudos
Visitor asafbit
Visitor

Re: SGMII to RGMII PHY conversion - configure 88E1512 in linux (petalinux) multi-phy

it should be done at run-time.

0 Kudos
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

then do it, what the problem? look at the code that there is available and create your own app that does what you need

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor asafbit
Visitor

thank you for your reply. it seems like it is so obvious for you.

i just dont know how to do that.

can you please refer me to any practical guide on how to do so?

what do i need to know in order to accomplish that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

and i need to have the ability to configure both swithces via MDIO bus.

If I have understood your problem correctly...

You must have noticed that each TEMAC core has individual mdio & mdc ports that connect to the associated PHY.

The TEMAC documentation suggests that you need to configure some TEMAC internal registers which in turn configures the associated PHYs.

Now how to configure the TEMAC internal registers is a matter of user choice.

1> Load the proper configuration vector.

2> Using an AXI4_lite state-machine

3> Using an embedded processor which has an AXI4_lite interface

You have read the pg051 docu thoroughly and extract information from the Xilinx example_designs on the tEMAC cores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos