Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

TCP/IP on PowerPC Virtex4

Jump to solution

Hi!

I want to establish TCP/IP protocol connection using  Virtex 4 XC4VFX20. Where can I download code for TCP/IP Stack on Power PC and hardware example design with all connections between Power PC and tri Mode MAC? Also does latest Vivado suppots implementing such designs or am I need to use ISE or another older development software? Does Power PC processor on Virtex 4 supports lwIP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @slipknotchik ,

Yes, we do have LWIP support for V4 and powePC. For the example designs, you should be able to get it when you create your design in EDK and export it to XPS. Also, check your installation directory for the example codes.

For standalone IP example, if you create the core in ISE, you should be able to open the example design directly from there.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @slipknotchik ,

Yes, we do have LWIP support for V4 and powePC. For the example designs, you should be able to get it when you create your design in EDK and export it to XPS. Also, check your installation directory for the example codes.

For standalone IP example, if you create the core in ISE, you should be able to open the example design directly from there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
Thank you. I'll try but I never used EDK. Do you mean to check installation directory of EDK? Also are there any links to datasheets on LWIP over Power PC?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Also what version of ISE design suite would you recommend? I've checked that 14.7 does not support V4

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The Windows 10 version of ISE does not support V3.  A Windows 7 or linux version should.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
Thank you. I've found V4 boards. And can you give me link to LWIP for V4?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @slipknotchik ,

Do you have XPS installed? The example should be within XPS installation and you should be able to generate it in the tool.

0 Kudos