UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Example Design Usage

Hi,

I am using the Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC IP(v8.2) provided by Xilinx to transmit UDP packets via ethernet frame. I have modified the example design for AC701 board in Vivado 2014.2 to transmit UDP packets.

I was successful in transmitting continuous UDP packets of fixed size over the Ethernet interface by modifying the state machine of module axi_pat_gen_inst for this purpose.

But when i included a FIFO in my design as can be seen from the files i have attached as there needed to be a connection between a slow user clock & a fast axi_clk, i have started to drop some packets as the FIFO gets full.

I think its because of the internal design user_fifo that is between the transmit & recieve interface of the user application.

I am unable to get an understanding of the signal credit_control which is part of the module

basic_pat_gen ->axi_pat_gen_inst.  

It says that it is there to provide credit control and that it is for rate control of the User_fifo. But i am not able to remove this signal from the transmit state machine. If i do, the packets recieved in wireshark are all of incorrect size & data.

Q) Does this signal control the user_fifo so that it deosnt get filled??

Q) Why does the tx_axis_tready signal in pat_gen_inst always HIGH??

Q) I cannot transmit UDP packets with a gap of 1us b/w them using the 1Gbps mode but can do for the  10/100Mbps?

If anyone has any experience desiging with this core. please guide me.

My design files that i have edited are attached. Contains .v files of all the modules of  example design.  

I have edited the following module  in the example design

axi_pat_gen_inst.

axi_pat_chk_inst.

basic_pat_gen

trimode_mainModule

Thanks.    

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer makiferol
Observer

Re: Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Example Design Usage

Sameed, i sent you a message asking a question about example design on AC701. I would be very appreciated if you could spare a little time for it.

Regards,

Makif

0 Kudos
Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Re: Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Example Design Usage

Hi,

Will someone please followup on this issue?? 

I will be really grateful if someone with experience of TEMAC core designing provides some insight into this problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sameed

0 Kudos