Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprl111
Explorer
Explorer

Tri Mode Ethernet MAC v8.2 Product Guide for Vivado Design Suite

Hello,

I'm looking at the Vivado Design Suite Tri Mode Ethernet MAC v8.2 Product Guide.  Specificially,  the rx_configuration_vector Receiver Pause Frame Source Address[47:0] description reads,

"This MAC Address is used by the MAC core to
match against the destination address of any incoming flow control frames, and as the source
address for any outbound flow control frames."

and the tx_configuration_vector Transmitter Pause Frame Source Address[47:0] descriptin reads,

"This MAC Address is used by the MAC core
to match against the destination address of any incoming flow control frames, and as the
source address for any outbound flow control frames."

So, the two descriptions are identical. 

Does that mean that the two entries get the same MAC address or is this yet, just another mistake in a Xilinx Data sheet?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Yes, i can see your point and agree with you about the confusion.

The Receiver Pause Frame Source Address is used to match the incoming pause frames Destinaltion Address,

Transmitter Pause Frame Source Address is used as source address for the sent out pause frame.

Configuring same value will also work as that address will be used for both DA match and SA for transmission frames.

I will let the internal team know about this and look that it will be clarified in the future release of the product guide.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos