Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Tri Mode Ethernet MAC v9.0.5

Jump to solution

We purchased a license for the Tri mode ethernet MAC v9.0.5 and I am able to run a successful place-and-route using the example design.  However, I cannot find a way to modify any of the files within the core (like the one for the RGMII interface).  I need to adjust the delays of the input side IDELAYE3s since I'm currently unable to get the receive side of the RGMII interface to produce valid data.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Tri Mode Ethernet MAC v9.0.5

Jump to solution

Hi

You can modify the idelay tap setting by providing constraints in the top level xdc and no need to modify the files.

Below see below info from PG051 on the guidance to meet timing.

Another example design file, <component name>_user_phytiming.xdc, is also

provided to show how to override default XDC settings provided by the core for setup and

hold checks on the selected physical interface.

This is useful in case the interface timing constraints cannot be met. The constraints can be

relaxed by adjusting the values in this XDC file which is set to be processed after all other

XDC files. This also allows the IODELAY tap delay setting to be adjusted without needing to

modify the XDC files provided with the core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

You can modify the idelay tap setting by providing constraints in the top level xdc and no need to modify the files.

Below see below info from PG051 on the guidance to meet timing.

Another example design file, <component name>_user_phytiming.xdc, is also

provided to show how to override default XDC settings provided by the core for setup and

hold checks on the selected physical interface.

This is useful in case the interface timing constraints cannot be met. The constraints can be

relaxed by adjusting the values in this XDC file which is set to be processed after all other

XDC files. This also allows the IODELAY tap delay setting to be adjusted without needing to

modify the XDC files provided with the core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Satish,

Thank you for the response.  I really need to modify the files within the Tri-mode ethernet mac core in order to have code that will be used to automatically adjust the shift values of the IDELAYs based on whether or not valid data is being received from the RGMII interface.  I also need to add in ILAs and VIOs to debug the core in order to find out why I'm not seeing data coming from the PHY on the RGMII interface.

Is there any way to do this?  I tried adding the core's supporting files by hand (as opposed to instantiating the .xci file in the design) but I could not get Vivado to recognize the encrypted core for the file, "tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_rfs.vhd".

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Satish,

You can ignore that last message. I was finally able to get the MAC to work by modifying the attributes of the ISERDES components in the 'device' view of the implemented design.

Brian

0 Kudos