Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Tri-mode Ethernet MAC evaluation license

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using the v9.0 of the Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC with an evaluation license for 120 days. However, I am experiencing an issue on operation. After 8h I see that my Ethernet MAC doesn't work again and no matter if I reset it it won't come back unless I program again my FPGA. I asked a colleague of mine who has the full license of the MAC layer to generate my design without any changes (also with the same vivado version). Then my design works perfectly for ever. Could it be that there is a time constraint of usage for the Ethernet MAC core when being generated with the evaluation license ? Thanks a lot in advance

Kind Regards

--JohnXio

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @johnxio ,

This is expected. When you generate the core with hardware evaluation license, it has a time limitation, ie ~8hrs, working on hardware. After that, it will stop and you have to re-program the board. The bought license will have no such issues.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @johnxio ,

This is expected. When you generate the core with hardware evaluation license, it has a time limitation, ie ~8hrs, working on hardware. After that, it will stop and you have to re-program the board. The bought license will have no such issues.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the reply 

--JohnXio

0 Kudos