UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie kevincwork

Ultrascale Integrated Interlaken Example Design

Hi,

I'm currently trying to run an Integrated Interlaken (PG169) example design. On my custom board, we have 2 FMC connectors with a cable going across the two. There are 4 quads connected to each FMC. Basically, I want to do the example design with TX from one FMC and RX to the other FMC.

Now, the proper implementation is probably just have 2 example designs running one in "TX Simple" and  one in "RX Simplex" mode, however those modes are not supported. The only option left is the Duplex mode, which expects the TX to come back into the same quad RX (not possible with my SEARAY cable).

My question is that can I simply map the RX pins to another quad? (the one in our other FMC connector). If not, is there any way to run an example design on my board? 

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Newbie kevincwork

Re: Ultrascale Integrated Interlaken Example Design

One idea I have is that I would generate two Interlaken cores (One in Simplex TX, ons in Simplex RX), and then use those to reaplce the interlaken_0.v of the example design. I'm not sure how difficult the stitching of the cores are going to be.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The example design supports simple tx and simple RX modes

Refer from page 101 of below doc

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/interlaken/v1_8/pg169-interlaken.pdf

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie kevincwork

On that exact page, it says "IMPORTANT: Simplex TX mode and Simplex RX mode are not supported in this release."

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Which version of core are you using?

Version 1.5 and  higher do support simplex modes and this can be found in the core generation GUI options 

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

I gave feed back on the warning in the PG and it will be removed in the PG as it is no longer valid in the latest revisions.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos