UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ringtechnic
Visitor

Virtex UltraScale 100G Ethernet - SIM_SPEED_UP not functional

When simulating the example design in Vivado 2017.4, with the CMAC configured in RX simplex mode, and with SIM_SPEED_UP defined (as shown here), RX alignment is not achieved until ~1.5 ms:

CMAC-RX-Alignment.PNG

Here are my simulation settings:

SIM_SPEED_UP.PNG

In the log I do see:

"xvlog --incr --relax -d SIM_SPEED_UP -prj cmac_rx_exdes_tb_vlog.prj"

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Virtex UltraScale 100G Ethernet - SIM_SPEED_UP not functional

Hi @ringtechnic,

How long have you run the simulation? It could take ~30mins with Questa and maybe double in XSIM.

It isn’t possible to sim in loopback though since 100G AN doesn’t complete in loopback – requires connecting up 2 cores released from reset at different times or with different NONCE seed values.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Visitor ringtechnic
Visitor

Re: Virtex UltraScale 100G Ethernet - SIM_SPEED_UP not functional

I don't recall exactly how long it took to get to 1.5 ms, but it was several hours. Alignment DID occur eventually. This is the example design, so two separate cores were connected together. I didn't change anything, except to set SIM_SPEED_UP.

If 1.5 ms is the expected amount of time for RX alignment, that's fine. I was just expecting it to occur more quickly based on comments in other threads.

0 Kudos