cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RillSmith
Visitor
Visitor

Why the speed is so slowly? i used the IP of 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem as the phy of SFP+.ZCU

Jump to solution

Use the ZCU102 board to test the Etnernet that i build it use the IP of 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem,and i test the Bandwidth is 1.82Gbps,

1.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanz

Hi @RillSmith ,

There are a couple of things that may impact the performance.

• Application load balancing

Iperf application (default mode) is not able to send max throughput. To push max throughput we need to run multiple streams.

• Interrupt load balancing

On ZynqMP, all interrupts default goes to core-0 which on high load is a bottleneck. The ideal solution is to assign each TX/RX queue to each CPU but it is not supported by IP. As a workaround, you can try using manual IRQ load balancing i.e TX interrupt on core-1 and RX interrupts on core-0. In receive side (for TCP MTU:1500) you can try using "Receive packet steering". It distribute load across multiple CPU cores.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nanz

Hi @RillSmith ,

There are a couple of things that may impact the performance.

• Application load balancing

Iperf application (default mode) is not able to send max throughput. To push max throughput we need to run multiple streams.

• Interrupt load balancing

On ZynqMP, all interrupts default goes to core-0 which on high load is a bottleneck. The ideal solution is to assign each TX/RX queue to each CPU but it is not supported by IP. As a workaround, you can try using manual IRQ load balancing i.e TX interrupt on core-1 and RX interrupts on core-0. In receive side (for TCP MTU:1500) you can try using "Receive packet steering". It distribute load across multiple CPU cores.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
joancab
Advisor
Advisor

Ethernet bandwidth depends on many things besides the IP

0 Kudos
RillSmith
Visitor
Visitor

thanks

0 Kudos