UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Xilinx 10G PCS/PMA example

Jump to solution

Does Xilinx provide any kind of example designs to show how to use the 10G Ethernet PCS/PMA IP core?

I want to stream data out of the SFP port on the Xilinx ZC706 board, and someone recommended using this IP. I've seen mentions of an example available for this core, but I have had some trouble finding it. The interface seems fairly complex, with alot of input and output signals to manage.

What I'm aiming for is as simple a setup as possible. I want to be able to configure the core with a 175 MHz clock and send in data from my PL logic, and transmit out the SFP port at close to the maximum 10 GHz baud. I don't intend to have any receive data coming in, so that isn't particularly important.

I decided to disable the MDIO feature, since I think I can just control everything through the configuration_vector input, however I don't quite understand what is going on with the "shared logic" option.

Can someone point me toward the examples for this core?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx 10G PCS/PMA example

Jump to solution
The example design of this core generate with the core . You need to generate the core. right click on XCI file and click open example design. It will open example in new project
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The example design of this core generate with the core . You need to generate the core. right click on XCI file and click open example design. It will open example in new project
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Oh wow, I had no idea that was a thing you could do. That's really helpful, thanks.

0 Kudos