Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zedboard, I2C and Ethernet

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm looking for ways to communicate two or more Zedboards for a research. I'm new to communication protocols, but some friends from work advised me to take a look specially on I2C communication or Ethernet communication.

Firstly, I would like to know if these suggestions are good and which one is better. 

Do you have some tutorial that does something similar? I'm having some questions specially about I2C. These questions are more related about the implementation: which pins do I need to use? How can I implement a project in Vivado that does the job? etc...

Every help will be very appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Yes in this case I also vote for FMC based communication as one of the ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@tiago0297,

Firstly, I would like to know if these suggestions are good and which one is better. 

You have not given enough info regarding the nature of data to be exchanged. Hence I would say the above comment does not make much sense.

For small volume data, e.g. - loading of a boot-loader image into the FPGA I2C will suffice. For still smaller data exchange, there is always serial communication using UART. Ethernet is needed for high volume data exchange applications.

So really depends on the nature of data to be exchanged b/w the Zed boards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Check out following thread if it helps :-

Communication between multiple FPGAs

Thanks,

Chinmay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@dpaul24

The data I need to send are 1080p images. I need to connect the ZedBoards in a way that a master ZedBoard can send the image to an Slave board of choice.

@chinmays

Thank you, I'll take a look on this thread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Yes in this case I also vote for FMC based communication as one of the ways.

FPGA enthusiast!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos