UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hmorad
Visitor

how to transfer data from Virtex II Pro board to a PC or storage device?

Hi,

how can I transfer the processing results from a Virtex II Pro board to a PC or storage device via a high speed connection? what is the the most practical way?

any opinion would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: how to transfer data from Virtex II Pro board to a PC or storage device?

Hi

thats an open ended question,

so you need to know what connectors you have on the board,

what applicsation you have runing in the FPGA,

what you actualy want to transfer.

such as.

if its slow / small amounts , RS232 used to be the answer.

then there is USB, or ethernet , or SPI, or I2C, or....

well the list goes on

suggest that this might be too much a general question for the forum, you might need a bit more local support, but that should give you some ideas to think about and google for.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Visitor hmorad
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

Actually what I want to do is to transfer streaming from the board via one of the connectors and save it in an external device. The bit rate is about 10Mbps, but not higher. Thus, the RS232 does not work for this case.

Now I have no idea how to activate Ethernet or USB ports of the board for this purpose.

Your answer would be really appreciated.

hmorad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Sorry

not being familiar with your board or your FPGA code, not much more I can do directly.

Suggestions,

If it's an off the shelf demo board, there will be demonstration code and documentation available.

suggest you look for that, it wlll show you how to get the peripherals working.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Visitor hmorad
Visitor

the board is: XUP Virtex II Pro Development kit and I'm using System Generator 9.2.4i through JTAG for programming.

0 Kudos