UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

An all-in-one software defined radio development kit

Hi,

I'm building the analog front end for my software defined radio receiver architecture. The ADC I am using is the AD9629-40 from Analog Devices. The output drivers can be configured to interface with 1.8V to 3.3V CMOS logic families. I'll be sampling at 40MSps. I have got the ADC evaluation board for the AD9629-40 as well as the High Speed Data Capture Kit. I would like to replace the high speed data capture kit with an FPGA board and connect the ADC evaluation board to it, to develop code in software.

I am currently searching for an FPGA for my SDR application. I am wondering if anyone has any advise on low cost FPGA development kits that could be connected to my ADC?

Kindest regards,

Les

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: An all-in-one software defined radio development kit

I would recommend you here is to talk to your local FAE he would be a right person to guide you on board/device selection. You can get contact details of them from the following link http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm is there anything more you are expecting from my end?. (That link can guide to http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm)

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

Re: An all-in-one software defined radio development kit

Thanks for the reply.

One more thing. I notices the Avnet Zynq-7000 SoC / Analog Devices Software Defined Radio Kit has a FMC connector for the front end. I'm currently building my own receiver front end on a PCB using the AD9629-40 and I was woundering if is possible to build an adapter board or use something like the FMC interposer to interface between my front end PCB and the Zynq 7000 kit? Effectiviely replacing Analog Devices FMCCOMMS1-EBZ FMC Module.

Cheers,

Les.

0 Kudos