UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor rbalan
Visitor

Diligent Cmod S6

Hi,

Can this development board be working in 14.7 ISE design suite. We are using Windows 10 OS and ISE14.7 development suite. We want to use this board. I hope this is programmed using USB. Is it USB type B or C? can the cable be shipped along with the package?

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-elhae0.html

Any example projects or videos which help how to use this board would be helpful.

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Diligent Cmod S6

Have you read the manufacturer's web page?

@rbalan wrote:

Can this development board be working in 14.7 ISE design suite. We are using Windows 10 OS and ISE14.7 development suite. We want to use this board.

Digilent says: "can be programmed using Xilinx's ISE® 14.2 (or higher) "

@rbalan wrote:

I hope this is programmed using USB. Is it USB type B or C?

Digilent says: "Xilinx's ISE/iMPACT™ programming tool and Digilent's Adept tool will recognize the board and/or FPGA when the board is attached to a PC using a USB A to micro-B cable. "

@rbalan wrote:
can the cable be shipped along with the package?

Digilent says: "Requires a USB A to micro-B USB cable for configuration (not included)"

There aren't any example projects because there's not really anything you can do with this board by itself - it doesn't have switches, display, standard I/O, etc.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Here's an example project for the CMod S6 that places a small multi-tasking operating system onto the board.  The project depends upon an external serial port, keypad, 1-wire amplifier, and 2-line LCD display (PMod CLS).

I used the ADEPT tools to program it.

Dan

0 Kudos
Visitor rbalan
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just need 4 digital outputs running with hardware clock. I am having Windows 10 and I am planning to use ISE14.2 or higher. I just want to know if this hardware be suitable for application. 

And ISE14.7 seems not to be tested for windows 10. I am not sure if any other ISE suitable for windows 10.  

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Depends.  How complicated is the logic for those four digital outputs?  Do the outputs need to be turned on or off, controlled externally?  Do they need to send particular information?  Or just a repeating waveform?

0 Kudos
Visitor rbalan
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It is just Pseudo random binary sequence output. The clock for PRBS block can be from 100Hz to 10kHz. There are no other logics running in the board. 

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Sounds pretty simple if there's nothing controlling the PRN sequence or clock speed.

Dan

0 Kudos