UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does anyone know about the PCIE driver of VCU118 Evaluation board?

Hi,

I found some questions these days which is about the PCIE communication when using the VCU118 evaluation board.

I use the software design comes from AR65444. The PC can read data from the board, but the size of read is limited, it can only read around 20,000 bytes at one time, but I need to read more than this.

When I use the loop to read data, it lose data between two function calls, I cannot set the size to be more larger or calls the read function more times, does anyone know how to do with it?

Plus, I wonder whether the problem is about the PCIE driver or there is another function that can solve this problem.

Is there a official PCIE driver for the board? as it is so expensive board.

Anyway, thanks for you who can give me some advice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Does anyone know about the PCIE driver of VCU118 Evaluation board?

Thanks for your help,

I m not sure about whether it is different between Linux version and windows version, as I havent install the linux OS on my PC, I m using the windows version now.

The problem is about the limitation of read/write size in DMA, it could not read too many bytes one time but the data is transferred continuously for a long time.

In addition, Is that different between USE the QDMA and the XDMA, I mean the transmission mode. can it read much more larger size than XDMA?

I dont know why that I could not found the QDMA in my IP catalog, could you give me some tips?

Best wishes 

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,

I m not sure about whether it is different between Linux version and windows version, as I havent install the linux OS on my PC, I m using the windows version now.

The problem is about the limitation of read/write size in DMA, it could not read too many bytes one time but the data is transferred continuously for a long time.

In addition, Is that different between USE the QDMA and the XDMA, I mean the transmission mode. can it read much more larger size than XDMA?

I dont know why that I could not found the QDMA in my IP catalog, could you give me some tips?
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

If you select to use PCIe in block design, you get 3 choices. One of them is Queued DMA PCIe.

0 Kudos