UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Evaluation board for 25x 1.28 Gbps and 75x 320 Mbps links

Dear all,

We are looking for an evaluation board to provide connectivity for a custom electronic card to a PC. The desired requirements for the system are:

•  2 FMC slots, which together populate:
    • 25 differential pairs M2C at 1.28 Gbps
    • 75 differential pairs M2C at 320 Mbps 
    • 25 differential pairs C2M at 320 Mbps 
    • 25 clock signals at 160 MHz C2M
    • 5 I2C master links C2M
  • at least 1 GB DDR which can be written directly from the FPGA at 6.4 Gbps, preferred if the memory can be exchanged with 2 or 4 GB card
  •  SFP+ connectivity which provides 10 Gbps Ethernet capability

If an eval board like that does not exist (or is horribly expensive), the minimum requirements are:

•  2 FMC slots, which together populate:
    • 10 differential pairs M2C at 1.28 Gbps
    • 30 differential pairs M2C at 320 Mbps 
    • 10 differential pairs C2M at 320 Mbps 
    • 10 clock signals at 160 MHz C2M
    • 2 I2C master links C2M
  • at least 1 GB DDR which can be written directly from the FPGA at 6.4 Gbps, preferred if the memory can be exchanged with 2 or 4 GB card
  •  SFP+ connectivity which provides 10 Gbps Ethernet capability

For both systems a must is at least 5 years of product continuity/support.

Could you please tell me whether the 1.28 Gbps signals could be driven to a standard LVDS pair transceiver or the GTX type of transceiver is crucial in this case? Is is possible to get the IP blocks for the 10 Gbps Ethernet and I2C Masters from Xilinx? Where could I find the LVDS signal specifications for both receiving and transmitting sides of the FPGA?

I have found VC707 Evaluation Board, which has heavily populated FMC connectors but it is just not enough for the full system, it could possibly host two reduced systems, but maybe there is something that I am missing. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Kind regards

0 Kudos