UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor josemao0
Visitor

FMC Connector for LVDS implementation + Kintex 7

Hello, 

I plan to design an expanssion board to be able to use LVDS DDR signals from FMC_HPC (J22) connector in Kintex 7 KC705 Evaliation FPGA. I see in the documentation I have the posibility to use HA and LA signals.

My doubt is:

- If I use LA or HA signals, do I have to drive those FMC_HPC_HA_CC/FMC_HPC_LA_CC (with external SMA connectors for example) from FMC for LVDS, or I can use another internal signal to generate LDVS outputs?. 

- Is it better to use LA or HA, or I can use both of then without any problem?. Is there any specific recomendation for it?

I appreciate all the support and time spend in my query,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: FMC Connector for LVDS implementation + Kintex 7

Hi @josemao0

Would you share your target frequency ?

Because of it depends on your application.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: FMC Connector for LVDS implementation + Kintex 7

Hi @josemao0,

Please the answer below:

- If I use LA or HA signals, do I have to drive those FMC_HPC_HA_CC/FMC_HPC_LA_CC (with external SMA connectors for example) from FMC for LVDS, or I can use another internal signal to generate LDVS outputs?. 

Every FPGA IO differential pairs can generate LVDS output, so you can use any FMC differential pair signals.

- Is it better to use LA or HA, or I can use both of then without any problem?. Is there any specific recomendation for it?

I think there is no difference between LA and HA signals for LVDS, but you need to check the board you used. Not every signals on the FMC connector are connected to the FPGA pins. So make sure the signals you used are connected to the FPGA IO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos