UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jason_oberg
Visitor

Video Starter Kit, LVDS Camera

I am trying to interface the LVDS Camera with the VIODC on the video starter kit.  I am basically trying to stream in data from the camera, store it in a frame buffer, and then display it on VGA.  The display portion of my design works fine.  I am having trouble getting the correct data from the camera.  I was wondering if anyone had detailed timing diagrams of the camera other than the ones that are including with the MT9V022 digital image sensor(the image sensor for the camera).  I need to know the relationship between the clock and the LVDS data signal.  I was also wondering if anyone has the correct register values for the MTV9022 digital image sensor that monochrome operation would work properly.  I have had a very difficult time finding the appropriate documentation for the camera and have tried to email Irvine Sensors (the manufacturer)

I have looked at the demo that is available but this was done using EDK and system generator.  I have done my design completely in Verilog.  I did find some initial register values for the camera in the Microblaze code but using these values did not seem to fix the problem.

Please help,

Jason 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor jason_oberg
Visitor

Re: Video Starter Kit, LVDS Camera

Also, I used a Picoblaze processor for my I2C initialization.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

The relationship between the LVDS clock and the LVDS data is a bit vague.  In the end, I changed my interface to sweep the pahse shift of a DCM through the databit to find a good sample point instead.

We'll have an IP core of this interface available soon...

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Thompson
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.co.uk/capabilities/electronic-hardware
0 Kudos
Visitor atzkae
Visitor

Hi Jason, i'm using Virtex-4 video starter kit and i need to extract the video image from the CMOS camera for image processing. Can you guide me? Desperately need your help. My email, atzkae@hotmail.com

Regard,

atzkae

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor sunny040
Visitor

hi jason , I am also working od video starter kit virtex 4 ml402 platform. I need your help in getting the stored data coming from the camera so that i can use it for further processing. 
Visitor shuklaankita
Visitor

hello jason, can u please guide me with the code to take an image from camera and store it on the ml402 board fpga 

xc4vsx35.....

Please help me out this is a module of my final year project...... I have to submit by march.....

my email id is shuklaankita132gmail.com

Waiting for ur reply.......

Tags (1)
0 Kudos