UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer khal
Observer

Where to find description of ZCU102 BIST?

Is there a document which describes the actual set of tests which are run with the Built-in Self Test (BIST) on the ZCU102 eval board? Does this BIST just consist of some of the PS BIST functions, i.e. MBIST? Or does it exercise anything additional on the board?

Specifically, I have a small concern that I may have some damaged I/Os on the FMC interface. Would the ZCU102 BIST perform a Boundary Scan of the I/Os to possibly confirm the functionality of the I/Os on both the PS and the PL?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Where to find description of ZCU102 BIST?

you can find example design here
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66249.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer khal
Observer

Balkrishan - thanks for the link. I'm not sure I fully understand. I downloaded the 2016 ZCU102 board bring-up (zcu102_2016.zip). Is the \build_hw\test_on_hw.tcl script the one which includes the BIST? If so, am I understanding correctly that the ZCU102 BIST runs through the following set of tests:

1. LED Test on Cortex-A53 #0
  2. Hello World on Cortex-A53 #0
  3. Hello World on Cortex-R5 #0
  4. Echo Server Test on Cortex-A53 #0
  5. AXI BRAM Test using Cortex-A53 #0

(1) Therefore, the ZCU102 BIST does not verify the PL I/Os or Transceivers, correct?

Maybe better questions:

(2) Is there a way to use the Processing System to perform a Boundary Scan on the PL's I/Os of the ZCU102?

and, more importantly

(3) Would a Boundary Scan actually tell me if a PL I/O is damaged?

0 Kudos

Hello @khal,

To do check on I/Os and Transceivers I believe you should follow ZC0102 Board Interface Test.

BIT.PNG

To implement XTP428, before that you have to setup the board exactly with all the loop back peripherals given with the Kit.

This BIT testing consist BIST as well with the menu option; to select which test you want to run exactly.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos