UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie miguelgg

ZC706: Reading from SD - ADMA problems?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to read from an SD card inserted in a ZC706 board. In order to achieve that I looked at the files in the FSBL example and I am trying to follow the same steps to mount the SD.

I call the function "disk_initialize" from mmc.c and it runs several commands apparently without problem (the responses are what they are expected to be... Until it arrives at the first ADMA transfer enabled command (CMD55+ACMD51 after CMD7), where it seems to fail returning the status 0x02008001... That 2 over there seems to mean SD_INT_ERR_ADMA, but I don't seem to be able of finding where this error comes from.

If someone could give me some directions on where to look at I would be grateful.

Best regards,
Miguel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie miguelgg

Re: ZC706: Reading from SD - ADMA problems?

Jump to solution

Just solved it.

I'm posting the answer just in case someone runs into a similar issue.

The problem was that I needed to disable the Data Cache and I was not doing it. Simple as that... Silly me.

2 Replies
Newbie miguelgg

Jump to solution

Just solved it.

I'm posting the answer just in case someone runs into a similar issue.

The problem was that I needed to disable the Data Cache and I was not doing it. Simple as that... Silly me.

Visitor cjcorrea
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks, this worked for me too! To do this, I just add this function call to initialization code:

Xil_DCacheDisable();

and that is from #include "xil_cache.h"

Can anyone provide some info as to why this is necessary (disabling the data-cache)???

0 Kudos