UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

ZCU102 FMC

Jump to solution

Sorry for posting too many questions recently. I don't have anyone to discuss these things around me at the moment.

I need an FPGA board that has at least two HPC FMCs. I have not been able to find any FPGA board with more than two HPC FMCs.

VC707 clearly has two HPC FMCs that one has 80 differentials and another has 58 differentials. (https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-v7-vc707-g.html#hardware)

ZCU102 seems to have two HPC FMCs as well, but it says 64 differentials. Also it seems to have only LAs. So it doesn't have HAs or HBs? I want to mount two FMC116s(https://www.abaco.com/products/fmc116-fpga-mezzanine-card) on one FPGA, and it seems to use HAs. I wonder if ZCU102 and FMC116 are compatible.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ZCU102 FMC

Jump to solution

@kvasantr

Thanks for the reply.

For those of you who are interested, I checked with Abaco, and the FMC116 is not fully compatible with the ZCU102 (board isn’t fully compliant to the VITA 57.1 FMC standard).

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @moon5756

Best way to check compatibility of FMC card with Xilinx evaluation boards is to check the VITA standard compatibility between both.

On that basis both ZCU102 and FMC116 card look compatible.

But I also want you to check the power supply requirements for FMC card.

ZCU102 offers choices of 1.8V, 1.5V, 1.2V, and 0.0V on VADJ rail.

unfortunately I don't have access to FMC116 cards datasheet.

You can check what are its power requirement.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@kvasantr

Thanks for the reply.

For those of you who are interested, I checked with Abaco, and the FMC116 is not fully compatible with the ZCU102 (board isn’t fully compliant to the VITA 57.1 FMC standard).