UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

ZCU106 doesn't work when programmed using JTAG

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I got a new ZCU106 board recently, and I find out the board doesn't work if I programmed using JTAG.

I did the following steps:

1. I created a block design and created the bitstream, exported it and launched SDK.

2. I created a simple application code in SDK, and checked jumper settings of ZCU106 to make sure it is set to "ON ON ON ON" (JTAG mode).

3. I downloaded bitstream first.

4. I clicked run configuration, and there are two options are automatically checked "Run psu_init" and "PL Powerup".

5. After programming, the DONE LED is light. However, the code doesn't run actually, nothing is output.

6. I run "debug mode" to find where it gets stuck. However, I could not debug it, the program even doesn't start. It seems to keep initializing or doing something else without stopping at the first line of the code which it should be when debugging.

7. However, when I created the boot image and booted from an SD card, then everything worked fine.

Any solution or help to this?

Thank you.

Yu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ZCU106 doesn't work when programmed using JTAG

Jump to solution

Can you confirm if you have newer board as per the following AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71961.html 

If the ZCU106 Evaluation Kits labeled 0432032-02 then please try to use the newer DIMM setting. 

asas.jpgasda.jpg 

Thanks

Harshit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Yu,

Are you able to run any other zcu106 designs on this board, or is it only the one you have created that is failing?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I tried example vivado project and example hello world sdk project. None of them worked.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can you confirm if you have newer board as per the following AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71961.html 

If the ZCU106 Evaluation Kits labeled 0432032-02 then please try to use the newer DIMM setting. 

asas.jpgasda.jpg 

Thanks

Harshit