UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor aveneesh
Visitor

Zynq zedboard reading data from the SD CARD or Writing to memory

Hi

I am working on a project i.e shape recognition using the Zedboard. So I need to pass in the image as an array of bits in to the board; To do so I would like to store the images into the on board memory some how.

So I had the following ideas :

1) Storing the image SD card externally and the using VHDL to read the sd card would be the way to go but I am not able to find any resources which will guide me about the above.

2) Use Xilinx SDK to write the image to the DDR3 or the Flash memory and then use VHDL to read from there, but sadly the only information I found was to write the boot files in to the flash. So no luck there either.

Any ideas how I could solve this??

Thanks in advance!!

Aveneesh

4 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Zynq zedboard reading data from the SD CARD or Writing to memory

Why don't you boot Zynq from an SD card, and develop an application in C to pass the image as an array of bits to the board?

Visitor aveneesh
Visitor

Sorry I am new to the board. Would you be able to tell me how can I do that or direct me to a tutorial that explains it?\

Thanks a lot

Aveneesh

Explorer
Explorer

@sampatd I'm having the same difficulty as the OP. I can easily boot Zynq from the SD card, with my bitstream and my code from SDK in it, but then... how can I read a .txt (matrix) file from SD into the DDR memories?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I also want to know how to read from Sd card to DRAM

0 Kudos