UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

can't program KCU116 Board through JTAG

Jump to solution

Hi,

As I have KCU116 Eval board to carry on my design work, suddenly I am not able to program the board. Had quick look into board and I found that VCCBRAM status led is "OFF". Could you please let me know what should I do? And also what causes this problem? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: can't program KCU116 Board through JTAG

Jump to solution

Hi @mithunsahakets,

Revision of the board? Vivado Version? OS details?

share the power good leds snapshot?

Please go through this KCU116 Debug checklist. And confirm me till step 4 you are fine?

Since you are telling that VCCBRAM is not active, please perform power controller reprogramming by following this AR#69856. after reprogramming please share the power good leds snapshot. And try programming the FPGA.

Note : For performing maxim controller reprogramming, you need Maxim dongle. You can get free sample Dongle from Maxim by following this AR#62629

even after performing reprogramming the regulators.if you are not able to configure the FPGA, try following step 5 in the debugging checklist.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudo or mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mithunsahakets,

Revision of the board? Vivado Version? OS details?

share the power good leds snapshot?

Please go through this KCU116 Debug checklist. And confirm me till step 4 you are fine?

Since you are telling that VCCBRAM is not active, please perform power controller reprogramming by following this AR#69856. after reprogramming please share the power good leds snapshot. And try programming the FPGA.

Note : For performing maxim controller reprogramming, you need Maxim dongle. You can get free sample Dongle from Maxim by following this AR#62629

even after performing reprogramming the regulators.if you are not able to configure the FPGA, try following step 5 in the debugging checklist.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

Please reply or give kudo or mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Jump to solution
Thanks for your reply. I'll try the steps you recommended and let you know the update.

Also I have another problem with board, near zSFP connector cage there are L4, L7, L37 and L42 inductors placed. So, L7 and L42 had been blown, I have no idea why had it blown? could you please tell what could cause this problem? Do you have any repair service where I can send it for repair?

Kind Regards,
Mithun
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @mithunsahakets

Before going ahead for power controller reprogramming can you try using SCUI provided for KCU116 ?

You can find it under the product page of KCU116. Please check this particular power rail and its output voltage.

Let us know how this turns out to be.

Thank You.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Xilinx doesnt have a repair service. However if the board qualifies, and you think its a defect with something that the board did, you can create an RMA request.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/25183.htm

One of our partners does do board repair at cost. Whizzsystems

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Deepak,

Please the attachements.

Refer to 20190128_143305.jpg, the VCCBRAM and FPGA_DONE leds are always lit up after switched on the board. Something really weird going on.  

20190128_143305.jpg
Board Details.JPG
voltage details.JPG
0 Kudos