UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer inge
Observer

AR# 67221 vs config mode setting in Zynq.

Jump to solution

To ensure correct fallback to golden boot the  AR# 67221 states that the D2 and D3 datapins for the QSPI flash should be connected to 4K7 pullup's.

But looking at the Zynq xc7z030fbg676 these pins are also used as config mode pins.

QSPI D2 = mode pin M2 = FPGA pin F24, and QSPI D3 = mode pin M3 = FPGA pin C26.

Following AR# 67221 both M2 and M3 will be pulled high resulting in boot from SD card, and the Zynq can not be set to be booting from QSPI flash. Have I misunderstood? How can this be solved so it is possible to boot from the QSPI ensuring correct fallback?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AR# 67221 vs config mode setting in Zynq.

Jump to solution

Hi @inge

The AR is not applicable to Zynq.  The AR is only for FPGA which configures in Master mode.

For Zynq(SoC) the PL block configuration is controlled by the PS(ARM processor) and hence the configuration mode and explanation in AR is not applicable.

For Zynq multiboot you can refer to this link.

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+Boot+-+Multiboot+Tech+Tip

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @inge

The AR is not applicable to Zynq.  The AR is only for FPGA which configures in Master mode.

For Zynq(SoC) the PL block configuration is controlled by the PS(ARM processor) and hence the configuration mode and explanation in AR is not applicable.

For Zynq multiboot you can refer to this link.

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+Boot+-+Multiboot+Tech+Tip

0 Kudos
Observer inge
Observer

Jump to solution
Hi @gurupra, Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry I didn't notice that it did not apply to the Zynq. My fault thank you for guiding me.
0 Kudos