UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar golson
Scholar

Automated way to prohibit selectmap pins in the design

Hi,

I need to be careful that I don't assign pins that belong to selectmap functionality

Is there a mode in ISE that will keep me from assigning pins that belong to the select map function.

I looked for a ISE mode but could not find one.

Thank You,

Gary

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Automated way to prohibit selectmap pins in the design

the option you are looking is not available but can you tell why are you looking this feature?

most of the selectmap data pins will be dual purpose, so are you planning not to use after configuration?

you can enable persist option in bitgen so that the selectmap pins will be still configuration pins after fpga configuration for readback purpose.

--Krishna

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> I need to be careful that I don't assign pins that belong to selectmap functionality

Actually, this is backwards.  You need to be careful to assign all of the I/Os of the design to the correct locations that match your physical hardware.  Allowing I/Os to be randomly assigned will result in a design that does not work on the hardware.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gary,

You can use the constraint- "Prohibit" to avoid certain sites from being used by ISE implementation tool.

Please refer to "Prohibit" section of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/cgd.pdf for details.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos