UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie dan15

Configuration Control of HDF files

In summary...should rebuilt Vivado projects generate binary identical .hdf files? 

By rebuilt I mean someone else has handed all of the project and source files for me to setup the same Vivado project on my machine to compare output files (.bin, .bit, etc...)  I am doing this to document a setup procedure for a specific project.

Two of my simple file checks is to perform a binary comparison of the .bin and .bit files of the rebuilt project. I have never considered comparing the hdf files.  In theory of what the HDF file contains, I would assume they should match but they don't.  Should they?  If not, should the differences be minor similar to rebuilt .bit files having a different time and date header. 

Vivado version = 2016.1

Any sharing of knowledge is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Re: Configuration Control of HDF files

The HDF file is actually just a ZIP file (with an integrity check added).  It might be more enlightening to compare the (ascii) files inside the ZIP file.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos