UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pavel_s
Visitor

DLC10 - iMPACT on win10pro issue

Jump to solution

Using Win10 PRO, 64bit

Platform Cable USB II (DLC10) programmer (green LED is ON).

Trying to use iMpact to program XC2C64A

First tried “Xilinx_LabTools_14.7_1015_1”

iMpact could not recognize cable (searching through support forum: tried to reinstall drivers)

Even though the cable is listed, no luck conencting.

After searching on the support forum, I installed “ ISE Design Suite for Windows 10 - 14.7 “. Virtual machine.

When I try to open my project (*.ipf) – iMpact error out (see screen shot below)

When I try to add XILINX device and open my (.jed) – error: Failed: iMPACT :2855 (see screen shot below)

VM-cable com OK.pngCable OKVM-open project error.pngtrying to open project ( .ipf)VM-open project error-2.pngtrying to ADD DEVICE (.jed)

Chip scope does find my chip, so I am pretty sure the DLC10 is fine…

Do I need to start looking for win7 computer?

What am I missing?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DLC10 - iMPACT on win10pro issue

Jump to solution

Hi @pavel_s

As @harshit mentioned Xilinx ISE 14.7 and IMPACT 14.7 Lab tools are not officially supported for Windows 10. So, you need to use workaround provided at https://www.xilinx.com/suppor t/answers/62380.html for Xilinx ISE 14.7 to make it work on Windows 10 platform.

To make work IMPACT 14.7 Labtools in Windows 10 try below workaround:

1. Open the following directory: <install_path>\ LabTools\LabTools\lib\nt64
  2. Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  3. Make a copy of libPortabilityNOSH.dll (copy and paste it to the same directory) and rename it libPortability.dll
  4. Copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll again, but this time navigate to <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 and paste it there
  5. In <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  6. Rename libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll

Download Xilinx ISE 14.7 and IMPACT 14.7 Lab tools from https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/v2012_4---14_7.html 

Important : Above workaround works directly on Windows 10 machine, you need to install IMPACT 14.7 on Windows 10 machine (not in VM)

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Windows 10 ISE only for spartan 6. If you are using any other device then please use ISE (Windows 7) version.

ds.JPG

Yes Please try to install ISE on Windows 7 machine. It will resolve the issue. You can download it from here https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/v2012_4---14_7.html 

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor pavel_s
Visitor

Jump to solution
Thank you, but that is not a real solution to the issue.
(Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won't end until January 14, 2020).
I am looking for Win10 solution... I can't be the only one with this issue.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Which device you are currently using? Currently ISE (windows 10) only supports Spartan 6. 

Thanks

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @pavel_s

As @harshit mentioned Xilinx ISE 14.7 and IMPACT 14.7 Lab tools are not officially supported for Windows 10. So, you need to use workaround provided at https://www.xilinx.com/suppor t/answers/62380.html for Xilinx ISE 14.7 to make it work on Windows 10 platform.

To make work IMPACT 14.7 Labtools in Windows 10 try below workaround:

1. Open the following directory: <install_path>\ LabTools\LabTools\lib\nt64
  2. Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  3. Make a copy of libPortabilityNOSH.dll (copy and paste it to the same directory) and rename it libPortability.dll
  4. Copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll again, but this time navigate to <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 and paste it there
  5. In <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  6. Rename libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll

Download Xilinx ISE 14.7 and IMPACT 14.7 Lab tools from https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/v2012_4---14_7.html 

Important : Above workaround works directly on Windows 10 machine, you need to install IMPACT 14.7 on Windows 10 machine (not in VM)

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Tags (1)
Visitor pavel_s
Visitor

Jump to solution

Bhushan;

this worked.

Thanks!

0 Kudos