Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talon
Observer
Observer

ERROR: [USF-XSim-62] sim error, but no issue with synth or imp

Jump to solution

I know this is an error people encounter often, but, usually when they do, it is caused by another error elsewhere. 

I do see this in the attached tcl output, but cannot see why it is caused: 

/wrk/2020.sub/2020.1.1/continuous/2020_08_05_2960000/packages/customer/vivado/data/ip/xpm/xpm_memory/hdl/xpm_memory.sv:3235 Unsupported expression "gen_wr_a.addra_int" found while processing property or sequence expression

Also, it is not an error... so I don't know if it is the cause of my error.

I've attached the tcl output for a simulation run.

PS, the project synthesizes and implements fine. It also has nothing to do with the testbench used since I've tried for a variety of testbenches (some which just instantiate the top file as DUT alone) and get the same error. 

PPS, I'm able to simulate other projects without this error, so it isn't my Vivado.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
talon
Observer
Observer

It took ages, but eventually the error was identified as being due to the init_file path being incorrect for an XPM BRAM. I was using double back slashes ("\\") in the Windows path.

I would anticipate that a better (more informative) error would be provided. As you can see above, what I was given was not at all useful and sent me down a long rabbit hole.

Note, this is for when the BRAM init file is not within the project, but rather the HDL points to it as an absolute path.

Thanks.

Talon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
talon
Observer
Observer

It took ages, but eventually the error was identified as being due to the init_file path being incorrect for an XPM BRAM. I was using double back slashes ("\\") in the Windows path.

I would anticipate that a better (more informative) error would be provided. As you can see above, what I was given was not at all useful and sent me down a long rabbit hole.

Note, this is for when the BRAM init file is not within the project, but rather the HDL points to it as an absolute path.

Thanks.

Talon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos