UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer shrinath.-
Observer

Flash programming Unsuccessfull

Hi @ ddn

.bit file is downloading into FPGA successfull but .mcs file can not.

Open Hardware Manager -> open target -> Add configuration memory device -> Choose a configuration memory part

(SPI : s25fl064p-spi-x1_x2_x4  64Mb) -> select mcs file and prm file (check configuration file only,pull-none,erase,program,verify)-> ok

FPGA Part number : xc7a35tfgg484-2

Flash Part number : S25FL064L

VIVADO  :2015.4

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Flash programming Unsuccessfull

The first thing I would think of is the mcs wasn't properly built or corrupted. If you can flash the bit file, nothing is wrong with the hardware and I can see no reason why it wouldn't work with mcs.

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

whats the error messge ?

Assuming your progrmming the flash via JTAG attatched to the FPGA,

Bit file programming does not touch the Flash, and should work with all versions of vivado,

check what flash that version of Vivado can program. If I rember only certain flash are supported by different versions of the programmer / fpgas.

It could be that you are programming the flash, but the FPGA can't boot off it if its an unsupported device.

this debug guide is quiet good

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Observer shrinath.-
Observer

ERROR: [Labtools 27-2251] Unable to read device properties. Please make sure that the proper configuration memory part is selected.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-3161] Flash Programming Unsuccessfull

FPGA Part number : xc7a35tfgg484-2
Flash Part number : S25FL064L(In my Vivado Version S25FL064L is not avaliable so I selected S25FL064P)
VIVADO  :2015.4
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

The software reads back the flash ID , as each flash has differen tprogrammin grequirments,

the software also check s what yo have selected as th eflash against what you hav eon th eboard , and if th esame programs.

Check with your flash manufacturer if your flashs and the one you said it was have the same ID in them , I doubt they do,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos