Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Is DNA_PORT 57bit data unique?

Jump to solution

We want to use DNA info to track our FPGA product.That is to say, each product must has a unique ID.
But DNA_PORT is 57bits data from FUSH_DNA 64bit data, the datasheet only guarantee 64bit data is unique, how to resolve it?By the way, Our product does not has JTAG Connector, we can't get FUSA_DNA from JTAG read.
So,my question is "Is DNA_PORT 57bit data unique? " If not, how to give a unique ID to our fpga product.

And we can't use bitstream specific code method, because we use same bitfile for our product, that method need re-generate bitstream.
aa.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Is DNA_PORT 57bit data unique?

Jump to solution

There are lots of ICs available that provide a 48 or 64 bit unique ID.  In my case, I used a Maxim DS2411R+, because it's in a small SOT23 package, and only takes 1 I/O from the FPGA.  If you already have an I2C bus, there are unique ID parts that you could attach there as well.

-Greg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

No, the 57 bits are not unique.  Not being able to access the FPGA's full 64 bit unique ID from within the FPGA itself is an incomprehensible decision for me.  I've built some batches of Kintex 7 boards with two or three of them turning out to have matching 57 bit DNA IDs.  I gave up and added an independent IC with a truly unique ID to newer spins of the boards.

-Greg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks for your answer

can you explain how to "added an independent IC with a truly unique ID"  more clearly.

And I am waiting xilinx official reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

There are lots of ICs available that provide a 48 or 64 bit unique ID.  In my case, I used a Maxim DS2411R+, because it's in a small SOT23 package, and only takes 1 I/O from the FPGA.  If you already have an I2C bus, there are unique ID parts that you could attach there as well.

-Greg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos