Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arossi97
Visitor
Visitor

Multiple designs with their own xdc file

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am doing some tests on my current project and to do so I created a second design with the IP Integrator. The second design is quite similar to the first one but I have added a push button for debug purpose.

Therefore, I have to add this new constraint into the .xdc file but I would like to keep the first .xdc file as it is for the first design and create a new one for the second design only. It would prevent me to do any modifications to it anytime I switch from one design to another.

I searched but did not find how to do it. Is it possible and if so how to do it ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arossi97
Visitor
Visitor

I have finally found and it was really easy actually as I expected.

In the Hierarchy pane under Sources in the Project Manager Panel, I right-clicked on Constraints->Add Sources and the I can create a new constraints set. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
arossi97
Visitor
Visitor

I have finally found and it was really easy actually as I expected.

In the Hierarchy pane under Sources in the Project Manager Panel, I right-clicked on Constraints->Add Sources and the I can create a new constraints set. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

@arossi97 

In the Hierarchy pane, you will now see both constraints files.  You should right-click on the constraints file that you don’t want to use and “disable” that file - otherwise Vivado will use both files.

Mark

0 Kudos