UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor scottlysan
Visitor

NewERROR: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Jump to solution

I've seen a few posts with a similar Subject but none have helped my situation. I am trying to program a Zynq xc7z100ffg1156-1. The board is custom. However, it has been successfully programmed many times before. This is the first time I've tried programming it with my laptop though. Same .bit file. Same custom board. Same programmer - Platform Cable USB II. Same power supplies. Exact same setup. Different laptop - just unplugged the Programmer's USB and plugged it into the new laptop. I'm using Vivado 2017.3.1.

I'm constrained with how long I can have the board powered on. I only have a maximum of a couple minutes until I must turn it off to prevent overheating.

Based on other posts and the responses, I've attached two screenshots. The first is the Tcl Console output. The second is the BOOT_STATUS and CONFIG_STATUS registers. I didn't expand them because they both are all zeros.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have a couple questions I wasn't able to figure out based on other answers:

1) What does 'End of startup status: LOW' mean. I understand based on the status registers the solution can be many different things, but what exactly is that error trying to convey? Is it referring to a voltage level,  a bit's status, or something else?

2) Is there a reference - other than these forums - where I can research errors like this one?

Tags (2)
TclConsole.jpg
StatusRegisters.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor scottlysan
Visitor

Re: NewERROR: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Jump to solution

To help anyone else with this issue: I have no idea what the problem was but I upgraded to Vivado 2017.4. I am able to program with 2017.4 but not 2017.3. I did a Beyond Compare of the installers and they are identical. The 2017.4 Release Notes don't mention anything specific about the error I saw or related issues but they do say programming should be faster. I guess something was changed that happened to resolve my issue.

If anyone knows specifics, please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor scottlysan
Visitor

Re: NewERROR: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Jump to solution

To help anyone else with this issue: I have no idea what the problem was but I upgraded to Vivado 2017.4. I am able to program with 2017.4 but not 2017.3. I did a Beyond Compare of the installers and they are identical. The 2017.4 Release Notes don't mention anything specific about the error I saw or related issues but they do say programming should be faster. I guess something was changed that happened to resolve my issue.

If anyone knows specifics, please let me know.

0 Kudos