UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platform Cable USB ii not working

Hi,

Setup: Windows 7 Pro, DLC10 Platform Cable USB ii Dongle, Vivado 2018.1, Custom Board or old Spartan 3 Dev Board.

Was downloading to a Spartan 7 FPGA October 2018 and all was working. Returned to the project this week and I am unable to download to the FPGA, Platform Cable USB ii has stopped working.

The Led on the Platform Cable USB ii is ON and Green

Jungo and Programming Cables appear in the Device Manager (see attached)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers based on solutions from the Forum.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Vivado 2018.1.

I have installed and tried Vivado Lab 2018.1

I have put an oscilloscope on all of the JTAG signals connected to the board and there is no activity when I "refresh server".

Is there any way to firstly verify that Vivado is making connection to the Platform Cable USB ii Dongle over USB?

Any suggestions, stuck on a very important project.

Thanks. 

xilinx cable.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Platform Cable USB ii not working

I dont know ,
I can just add that I had similar problem a while back, and it was that IT had updated the PC over the weekend, and improved / made more secure / broken the USB.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Platform Cable USB ii not working

When you try to detect the JTAG chain, what does Vivado report? At which step does it fail?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Myself would change to another cable and another board for a test, but I'm not sure if you can do this. This helps to identify where it fail: the PC/driver (sometimes the USB port), or the cable, or the board.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cable and test board are working on another PC. 

0 Kudos