UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie mlanderson

Problem with Impact 9.2i

Impact loads normally.  When I scan the chain, four devices are returned as expected.

The problem is that, even though I have bsd files for all devices, the third device refuses to load the file, saying it can't be found.  This is regardless of the fact that I point right to the file.

I've attached screen shots.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Problem with Impact 9.2i

@mlanderson Can you reduce the path length and give a try? make sure path does not contain blank space/special char. Best way is to keep them on desktop and give a try.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Actually for US English Windows, the desktop is a bad place to place files.  It contains spaces in the path name.  So does "My Documents."  A better place would be the Xilinx installation folder, typically c:\Xilinx, or some other simple path off the C: drive root.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Newbie mlanderson

I moved the files to C:\xilinx92i directory.  No change.

For grins I moved them again to the root of C:.  Still no change.

What else could it be?

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@mlanderson Any specific reason for using impact 9.2? Can you check with 14.7 impact?

I am sure this is most releated system issue however if you send me bsdl files i can try with impact 14.7 and let you know how it goes.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Newbie mlanderson

Here are all four files.  The problem child is the cs5536.

I don't know why we're using 9.2.  My guess is it's just inertia from when this was all first set up.

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

You could download just the "lab tools" for 14.7 and give the latest Impact a try.  You don't need to use Impact from the same version of ISE that you used to generate the files.  i.e. you can continue to create your .bit files with ISE 9.1i but use Impact 14.7 to program the parts.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@mlanderson Seems like probelm in the BSDL cs5536 file. What is this device? Can you check with vendor for bsdl file?

-Pratham

forum.JPG
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@mlanderson Did you check on BSDL file?

-Pratham

0 Kudos