cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Programming XC9572XL

Hello,

I have an xc9572 cpld that is already programmed and works for a particular project. I am looking to build the exact same circuit with the same functions again but instead of using an xc9572 I have an xc9572xl. I have the original source code and ,jed files but I don't think I can just copy these from an xc9572 and program an xc9572xl with it because it does not map exactly the same.

I am using a xeltek superpro610p which can take in jed files and program the cpld I have but how do I generate one that works for xc9572xl?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Programming XC9572XL

You have asked the same question 4 times to my knowledge in the last month,

Anything different this time ?

Can you post a picture of the orriginal board please

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

All answers to my previous post have asked me to use a Xilinx platform cable with impact and programming it there... all I am asking is whether or not I can just copy the jed file from an xc9572 cpld onto an xc9572xl USING a superpro610p programmer which can read jed files and program with them. From my understanding, you cannot just do this and have to recompile the design but how can I do this and obtain a jed file that will work for the new xc9572xl cpld.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Thats Ok,
the answer is easy ,
no
Jed files identify exactly which "fuses" to program,
as two different devices have different "fuses" its very unlikely you can use JED file from one to the other,

Can you please post a picture of the board your tying to copy, we might be able to give you a bit more help,

Can I suggest that if you have a programmer / reader, , give it a go..

Out of interest, what package is the part in ?
I thought those programmers only supported DIL packages,
I guess you can get adaptors,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If I cannot use jed files from xc9572 then how do I obtain the right JED file. I will attach a picture of the cpld we have here. Both cplds are compatible with our programmer and I am waiting for the adapters to come in. The package on the xc9572 is plcc and the xc9572xl is tqfp, both 44 pin. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

IMG-5639.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

can you post a clear picture of the board your trying to copy please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @fernando.nunez 

As you mentioned, you have original source code, you can follow steps mentioned below to create .jed for XC9572xl device:

1. Change CPLD device to XC9572xl in Xilinx ISE project.

2. Provide pin constraints according to XC9572xl device.

3. Synthesis and Implement design

4. Create .jed file for your device.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello bpatil, thanks for your reply. I am trying to set the pin constraints for xc9572xl but when I try to implement them they all come up as errors? How do I find the right pin constraints?

pins.PNG
fail.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

great to see some of the source code,
You need to look at the schematic,

for instance, what pin do you have signal on_25s connected to.

then put that in the table.
0 Kudos