cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding delay of cs after SPI transfer

I am using artix 7 FPGA I am using  BSP in SDK for Spi data transfer it is taking 2us for CS to go high after data trasmission can i reduce the the delay i have also attached the image and have shown delay b/n them it is around 1.6us can i reduce the delay 

Screenshot (5).png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Regarding delay of cs after SPI transfer

Hello @prashanth_makam 

Typically, when Chip Select (CS) pin is asserted for particular SPI flash, that SPI flash is available for use with FPGA / uC.

Flash vendor provides Setup, Hold and deselect time details of CS. For example: please check Micron M25P16 datasheet : Table 21: AC Specifications and Figure 25: Serial Input Timing.

I will recommend you to go through datasheet of your flash and accordingly change CS timings accordingly.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I am asking for the SPI transfer and not regarding flash iam using manual chip select in the SPI
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

what chip are you driving ?

do a quick check that you are also driving the cs pin 1 to 0, not Z to 0.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Iam doing from 1 to 0
0 Kudos