UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Regarding setting of IPROG and WBSTAR

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to know how the IPROG command and WBSTAR address value is included in BitGen. I understand that IPROG command and WBSTAR can be issued either in BitGen or using ICAPE2. How do I set these values in the bitsream in BitGen? Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Regarding setting of IPROG and WBSTAR

Jump to solution

Hi Surya,

You need to use the switches shown in the attached snippets to embed IPROG and warmboot address in bitgen settings.

Regards,

Krishna 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Surya,

You need to use the switches shown in the attached snippets to embed IPROG and warmboot address in bitgen settings.

Regards,

Krishna 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks Krishna. I am able to change the WBSTAR and IPROG like you have mentioned in BitGen. Now, I have the golden image from 0x00000000 and update image from 0x00400000 in Flash. To follow Multiboot and fallback method, can you pls tell me the required settings to be given in the BitGen. I have given the appropriate addresses. For a succesful update image, FPGA is getting configured from the update image on power on. But for an unsuccessful update image,the fallback isn't working. I'm wondering if I have given the setting properly in BitGen. Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi Surya,

Did you enable -g configFallback in multiboot image bitgen settings? If yes, have you set -g next_config_addr to 0X00000000?

Can you please read the status register after configuration failure and share it here?

Regards,
Krishna

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Krishna,

I have enabled -g Config:Fallback in multiboot image settings. And yes, starting address for fallback configuration is 0x00000000. It works this way, but the fallback takes a bit of time, about 40-60 seconds, for configuration of golden image.Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi Surya,

How are you measuring the fallback time?

Does it include the time for multiboot image configuration?

Regards,
Krishna

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Krishna,

On unsuccessful programming of update image, on power off and power on, configuration of golden image takes time, i.e., it is not configured immediately. It takes about a minute(maximum) or so.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Krishna,

On power off, flash tries to configure the FPGA with update image, and if this fails, it tries to reconfigure from the golden image. But say, I'm dynamically programming the flash with an update image, and after the flash programming is done in the update region, it should immediately configure from the update image right? So, in such a case, should IPROG be issued from the user application? IPROG embedded in BitGen will not take care of this case right? Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi Surya,

If the device configuration gets failed with the multiboot image then the device gets configured with golden image.

If you reprogram the flash with an update image in place of multiboot image then you need to trigger the multiboot configuration from user application.

Regards,
Krishna

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Krishna,

Thanks. So, in such a case, after we reprogram the flash with an update image, we need to trigger the multiboot configuration from user application. Okay. Say, that update image is a corrupted one, then it will configure the golden image, on realising that the update image is a failure, right? And what is the procedure to trigger from user application? Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi,

You should write a state machine for ICAP primitive in golden image to trigger the multiboot. The state machine can be triggered by some user signal which can inform whether an updated image is available or not.

Please refer to multiboot section of the configuration user guide for details.

Additionally, you can refer to the multiboot reference designs of the evaluation boards.

Regards,
Krishna

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks Krishna. I will look into the configuration user guide, and reference designs,like you have suggested. Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

In multiboot case, we have two images, one golden at 0x00000000, and update image at 0x00400000, the settings we have given for the images are-

Golden Image-

golden.JPG

Multiboot Image-

update.JPG

Now, when we program the Flash at 0x00400000, with a successful update image, it is configured immediately, and succesfully , on power on too. And when we program it with a corrupted update image at 0x00400000, then it falls back to the intial image, also successfully.

But say, while programming the Flash with an update image, if it is interrupted by a power cycle, then it should fallback to the initial image, right? But this doesn't happen. Pl. guide us, where we could be going wrong.  Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos