UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer julian3
Observer

Reusing Selectmap Configuration Pins ???

Jump to solution

Good morning!

I am designing a board which has an Artix-7 (xc7a50tftg256) configured in slave selectmap mode through Cypress FX3S proprietary GPIF II interface. After configuration, I intend to reuse the same 16-bit parallel interface for data transfer. Furthermore, the FPGA will be re-configured arbitrarily during runtime. 

I have already verified that the GPIF II bus can be repurposed in runtime on the microcontroller side. 

Can selectmap D0-D15 be reused as GPIO after configuration?

Must special care be taken to move these pins to high impedance before lowering PROGRAM_B?

Is CCLK reusable as a clock output?

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reusing Selectmap Configuration Pins ???

Jump to solution

julian3,

-Yes, they're multi-function IOs. See "Configurations Pin Definitions" Table 2-4 in UG470. Make sure PERSIST is NOT set. You should also understand by doing so you will not be able to do readback post config as the data pins will revert to user I/Os after configuration.

Must special care be taken to move these pins to high impedance before lowering PROGRAM_B?

-Not that I know of. During normal power-up and before configuration, these pins should already be tri-stated as per datasheet. Once the configuration is initiated by pulsing PROGRAM_B, PUDC_B will dictate the IO state until the mode pins are sampled and bitstream loading begins. Still, make sure there are no scenarios in which datasheet recommended operating parameter are violated.

-Yes, check out the USRCCLKO port of STARTUPE2 primitive detailed in Chapter 5 of UG470.

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
2 Replies

Jump to solution

julian3,

-Yes, they're multi-function IOs. See "Configurations Pin Definitions" Table 2-4 in UG470. Make sure PERSIST is NOT set. You should also understand by doing so you will not be able to do readback post config as the data pins will revert to user I/Os after configuration.

-Not that I know of. During normal power-up and before configuration, these pins should already be tri-stated as per datasheet. Once the configuration is initiated by pulsing PROGRAM_B, PUDC_B will dictate the IO state until the mode pins are sampled and bitstream loading begins. Still, make sure there are no scenarios in which datasheet recommended operating parameter are violated.

-Yes, check out the USRCCLKO port of STARTUPE2 primitive detailed in Chapter 5 of UG470.

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Observer julian3
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks T!

0 Kudos