UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Tandem Prom ERROR: Designutils 12-1767

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm using Vivado 2017.4 to implement Tandem Prom on a xc7k160tffg676-2. I'm getting this error:

ERROR: [Designutils 12-1767] Cannot add persist programming for site B25.

I assume it is referring to package pin B25, which is die pin IO_L3P_T0_DQS_PUDC_B_14. I haven't assigned any user I/O to that pin, so there should not be a persist conflict.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Tandem Prom ERROR: Designutils 12-1767

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies. This turned out to be user error on my part. In switching back and forth between Tandem and non-Tandem I forgot to uncomment the persist directive in my xdc file.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
As per the error message, B25 is LOC'ed to a user IO. Can you please recheck and confirm that B25 is not LOC'ed to any user IO in your design?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Issue may fix with using External Master CCLK with Tandem PROM configuration.

B25 should  not use in design, which is die pin IO_L3P_T0_DQS_PUDC_B_14. I suspect the offending line in the XDC file might be:

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.EXTMASTERCCLK_EN DIV-1 [current_design]

The tools gives the following error:

"cannot add persist programming for site B25"

When the above line is removed and bitfile might be created.

Please try once and let me know the status. 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies. This turned out to be user error on my part. In switching back and forth between Tandem and non-Tandem I forgot to uncomment the persist directive in my xdc file.

0 Kudos
Visitor weberluo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi 

0 Kudos
Visitor weberluo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@weberluo wrote:

Hi 

You need to be sure to SET persist if you're doing Tandem PROM. I added that to my main XDC file. But I had commented it out when I was getting this error and needed to uncomment it.

Re 2016.4, not sure it's OK. Check this post: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Tandem-PROM-Need-help/m-p/761414#M6013

0 Kudos
Visitor weberluo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks vertreko. I figured it out, it works in 2016.4 too.

The persist property has to be set in xdc file and redo the synthesis/implementation. Previously I applied the persist setting in Vivado GUI, i.e. checked it in bitstream setting windows after project routed, and try regenerate bitstream, then it won't work.

Anyway, thanks for reply. I'm facing another issue now.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Can-I-apply-XAPP1191-design-to-Kintex-7-or-Artix-7-device/td-p/836841

0 Kudos
Visitor weberluo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Just some additional info.

Since we moved to use QSPI, I modify the xdc to reflect the change. Interesting that the constrain doesn't work as I thought and Vivado refuses to generate bitstream.

Both PG054 and AR56453 say that "set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST BPI16 [current_design]". This constrain works and Vivado generate two stage bitstream properly. So I change it to "set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST SPIx4 [current_design]" for QSPI design. But it failed.

The correct value of BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST should be "YES"/"NO", according to UG908, UG909. And "Yes" did work for QSPI tandem design.

So I'm confused. How come "BPI16" worked the first time? Anyways, just curious.

0 Kudos