cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamyers1123

Unable to Detect JTAG Cable Error

Upon attempting to flash the memory of a Zynq-7000 APSoC (P/N: XQ7Z030-1RF676Q), the error "Unable to Detect JTAG Cable is received by the console. An image of the console with the error is attached.

A USB Platform Cable II is being used as the JTAG programmer. The programmer is not believed to be defective because it was used previously to successfully flash memory to two chips. I have the "Xilinx USB Cable" driver installed and updated under the Programming Cable device category. The status LED on the programmer is green indicating that the proper driver is installed and that a reliable connection has been made. The Auto-Detect option is being used in the device field of the Program Flash Memory window. As shown in the attached file "Select the Device", when opening the Select the Device window, it was observed that the Zynq SoC is not being detected/recognized in the Cable dropdown box shown by Vivado through the JTAG cable for some unknown reason.

Is the chip defective or is it a Vivado configuration problem? I am using Vivado 2017.1 on a Windows 10 machine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wduffy
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jamyers1123,

Firstly, can you confirm, is this a custom board you are attempting to connect to, or an evaluation board that Xilinx or other vendors provide?

I see you attempted to detect the device in SDK and program_flash. Have you tried in Vivado hardware manager? Also, can you provide the full output after the failed connection to the board?

Have you been able to use the cable to connect to any other boards, or on any other machine?

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos