UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor taahaa
Visitor

Unable to create an ace file.

Jump to solution

Hi, I have been trying to configure my Virtex 4 ML 402 thru the compact flash card reader, for that I need to put an ACE file in the card, however I have been unable to convert the .bit file to an .ace file. I tried the cmd method as well, it just doesn't create the file. Is there another way to create a ace file? Or am I doing it wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Unable to create an ace file.

Jump to solution

@taahaa Check this

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/pp_p_process_generate_target_prom_ace_file.htm

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@taahaa What impact version are you using? Can you give a try with 14.7? Did you try with GUI?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor taahaa
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hi, thanks for your response, I did not use impact, I tried to do it thru command prompt, by first creating a batch file. It runs without errors but doesn't give the .ace file.

Also, I don't know how to create it from the impact, could you please show me a tutorial on that? I will give it a shot now!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@taahaa Check this

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/pp_p_process_generate_target_prom_ace_file.htm

-Pratham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor taahaa
Visitor

Jump to solution
@pratham thank you! I will update you in a while with the result :)
0 Kudos
Visitor taahaa
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hi again, The type of file is :WinRAR archive (.ace)

This is correct right? (Sorry I keep on asking stupid questions, just new to all this.)
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@taahaa I didnt get your question.

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Visitor taahaa
Visitor

Jump to solution
@pratham I have managed to generate a .ace file successfully. Thank you so much for all your help.

However, if you could lend me your assistance again please? I am unable to load the ace file in the FPGA. I have formatted the CF card and inserted the ace file in it along with xilinx system file, but when i plug in the fpga it shows the red led. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos