Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Unable to create an ace file.

Jump to solution

Hi, I have been trying to configure my Virtex 4 ML 402 thru the compact flash card reader, for that I need to put an ACE file in the card, however I have been unable to convert the .bit file to an .ace file. I tried the cmd method as well, it just doesn't create the file. Is there another way to create a ace file? Or am I doing it wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@taahaa Check this

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/pp_p_process_generate_target_prom_ace_file.htm

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@taahaa What impact version are you using? Can you give a try with 14.7? Did you try with GUI?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Hi, thanks for your response, I did not use impact, I tried to do it thru command prompt, by first creating a batch file. It runs without errors but doesn't give the .ace file.

Also, I don't know how to create it from the impact, could you please show me a tutorial on that? I will give it a shot now!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@taahaa Check this

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/pp_p_process_generate_target_prom_ace_file.htm

-Pratham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
@pratham thank you! I will update you in a while with the result :)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Hi again, The type of file is :WinRAR archive (.ace)

This is correct right? (Sorry I keep on asking stupid questions, just new to all this.)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@taahaa I didnt get your question.

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
@pratham I have managed to generate a .ace file successfully. Thank you so much for all your help.

However, if you could lend me your assistance again please? I am unable to load the ace file in the FPGA. I have formatted the CF card and inserted the ace file in it along with xilinx system file, but when i plug in the fpga it shows the red led. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos