Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

encryption and ICAPE2

All,

I would like clarification about the following line from UG470 on page 98:

"The Slave SelectMAP and ICAPE2 interfaces accept encrypted bitstreams only through the x8 bus."

I want to boot from multiple encrypted bitstreams using ICAPE2.  Is the above indicating I need to change

the board design to include a memory chip with an 8 wide data bus?  

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: encryption and ICAPE2

when you say you want to boot the encrypted bitstream through ICAPE2, how are you performing this operation?

What is the flash you have selected for configuration?

As mentioned in the doc you will need to select ICAPE2 in x8 data width for using the encrypted bitstream with this primitive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

The external memory device which is currently being used to hold the bit file is the Macronix MX66L51235f-512Mbit.  It is set up for 1x SPI.  I would like to be able to reconfigure the FPGA device during use with bit files located at different addresses in the external memory device.  The ICAPE2 primitive is designed for this purpose but I would like to make sure I know precisely what the line in the documentation for the use of ICAPE2 with encrypted bit files is indicating.  I was hoping to eventually move to an SD Card to allow field upgrade of the firmware.  But, I am not aware of any SD Cards designed with 8 data lines.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just for clarity, my most pressing concern is that I would like to know if the requirement for x8 data width for encrypted bit files loaded via ICAPE2 is specifically referring to the number of data lines used with the external memory device holding the encrypted bit files.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Dear Xilinx Support Team,

could you please anwer the question? How we can use the ICAPE2 interface to load a full encrypted bitstream (=not partial)?

Best regards,
TS

0 Kudos