UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Change computer of ISE project

Hi all,

do you know if there's any way of changing the computer in which an ISE project is implemented? I mean, once a project has been done, is there any way of storaging it and then opening it in another computer (with licenses, of course) for making modifications or continuing working in it?

Currently I cannot do this. Normaly, in my ISE projects I add SDK parts, and when copiying it, in the new PC the SDK files are mising. Also, there are problems with the paths and it is a mess. This introduces a big limitation for me: I am bounded to the same computer for a project, and no other person can work on it in a different PC.

I think this should be possible, and I must be doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend!

Ignacio

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Change computer of ISE project

Hi,

Did you try archiving the ISE project (Project --> Archive) and then moving the created archive file to other machine?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Check this link
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/SDK_doc/concepts/sdk_o_share.htm
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

---is there any way of storaging it and then opening it in another computer (with licenses, of course) 

FYI: To know more about  licensing related FAQ please refer http://www.xilinx.com/tools/faq.htm once.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@imgignacio wrote:

Hi all,

do you know if there's any way of changing the computer in which an ISE project is implemented? I mean, once a project has been done, is there any way of storaging it and then opening it in another computer (with licenses, of course) for making modifications or continuing working in it?

Yes, sure, put the HDL sources, the UCF and the XISE files into your favorite source-code control system and check the project out on the other computer.

You ARE using a source-code control system, right?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos