cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upal_fast
Observer
Observer

ERROR:LIT:407 - CI of CARRY4 symbol "<inst>" must be driven by another CARRY4 component.

Hello

I am using ISE 12.3 to simulate my design,the device family is virtex 6.I got this error while mapping my design -                ERROR:LIT:407 - CI of CARRY4 symbol "<inst>" must be driven by another CARRY4 component.

When i looked for it in Xilinx i got a link - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/30112.htm where this error and its solution   is given.

I am using Linux(Fedora - 11) as my platform.As mentioned in the solution i tried to set the environment using setenv XIL_MAP_OLD_SAVE 1 command in the root command prompt.After that i used echo $XIL_MAP_OLD_SAVE to check the result.The env was set.I restarted ise, but still when i am trying to map my design i am getting the same error.

Is there any other way to get rid of this error.

Any advice will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
erpiyank
Visitor
Visitor

I'm also having the same problem with ISE10.1.03. Did you get closure on this issue. $XIL_MAP_OLD_SAVE is set to 1 in my case as well. But I'm still getting the problem in mapping.

I'm tieing off CI to 1'b0 and CYINIT is connected to input port of the module.

LIT:407 -CI of CARRY4 symbol "physical_group_carry_del0/del0" must be driven by another CARRY4 component.

0 Kudos