UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor miknazaryan
Visitor

FPGA for Video and Audio Processing

Hi all, I'm new here, and need help.

I'm looking for FPGA board for high definition (up to 1920x1020@60) video and audio processing. Can anybody suggest me development or starter kit for me. Also I want to do some measurements for example measure amplitude of video and audio signal, noise and such simple measurements.

Thanks.  

With Best Regards,
Mik Nazaryan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: FPGA for Video and Audio Processing

Which ones have you found already, by searching the web, or searching the Xilinx website?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor miknazaryan
Visitor

I found so many that have confused finally everything.
I have a one little project, but also I want to buy FPGA for study. For my project need to do some simple measurements (amplitude, resolution, noise..etc) with video and audio signals, then send the results by USB or RS232 port to PC.
I need FPGA with support HDMI, S-video, Componens video and PAL/NTSC decoder and ADC, it can be even duaghter cards.
Maybe better to use FPGA and DSP in one board?

I would like to use Spartan 3e, because LabView support this kit, and for me much more easy to programing  it by LabView.
but now I think Spartan 3e is not so powerful for high definition video digitization.

please help me to find right solution. thanks.

With Best Regards,
Mik Nazaryan
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Do any of the products listed on this page seem interesting and useful?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor miknazaryan
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

I decided to use on FPGA kit with 2 FX2 data connector. I think it will be much more flexible, to remove and use another daughter card. I have found one PAL/NTSC daughter cards from DIGILENT, but now my problem is to find on HDMI receiver daughter card. Could you please suggest me one solution for this.

Thank you.

With Best Regards,
Mik Nazaryan
0 Kudos