Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Getting started: Communicating with SP601

Jump to solution

I am a new user with no previous FPGA experience, and I have the task of creating Windows 7 applications that communicate with a SP601 via TCP/IP and serial (USB-UART). I'm getting ready to dive into the Documentation Navigator, but there are an awful lot of documents there, so if anyone can provide some suggestions I would be most grateful.

A specific question I have right away is whether the SDK that came on the DVD contains whatever the SP601 needs to enable TCP/IP and/or serial communications, or if I need to go to a third party vendor for that (Treck, etc).

Happy to trade for Windows software development help, that's where I'm not so dumb!

ted in AZ

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Getting started: Communicating with SP601

Jump to solution

Yeah, well, Xilinx wont do an application note for each board, the thing is to take their example and to implement it on your board.

They are probably not even using the same tools version as you...

What I would do is to look at the MHS file, see if the Hard Ethernet MAC is configured about the same as in my project, this is the most important as to the hardware I believe.

Second thing is to take their code and use it on your design using SDK.

Another thing, try downloading and looking into this xapp, I believe they have implementation for this application note for others boards as well "hidden" in the files.

Assaf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

If you have the money to go for Treck, got for it.

I used it and it's great, but you have to pay for it and they are not cheap...

Otherwise I think that it's stop working after a while.

If not Treck then you'll probably have to use lwIP...

Read this

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf

Assaf.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help Assaf.

The PDF document you reference starts with "One of the Xilinx ML605, or SP605 for MicroBlaze processor based systems and a ZC-702 board for Zynq SoC-based systems" under Requirements. I have an SP601. Where does that leave me?

Thanks again

ted

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Yeah, well, Xilinx wont do an application note for each board, the thing is to take their example and to implement it on your board.

They are probably not even using the same tools version as you...

What I would do is to look at the MHS file, see if the Hard Ethernet MAC is configured about the same as in my project, this is the most important as to the hardware I believe.

Second thing is to take their code and use it on your design using SDK.

Another thing, try downloading and looking into this xapp, I believe they have implementation for this application note for others boards as well "hidden" in the files.

Assaf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos